Following is a precis of an article from Business Insider Australia based upon presentation by former New Corp Australia Head Mr. Kim Williams about digital technology, disruption, literacy, innovation and opportunities.
SARAH KIMMORLEY MAY 18, 2015, 1:11 PM
‘Former News Corp Australia chief executive Kim Williams says Australia “is not managing the change at all well” as digital disruption upends the global economy.
Speaking today at digital disruption conference, Daze of Disruption, Williams, now the commissioner of the Australian Football League, spoke about how companies must understand digital technologies in order to navigate their way through the era successfully.
“The opportunities will be infinitely larger and more interesting… [but] the journey is still in its infancy,” Williams said.
“[New digital technologies] will result in reductions of cost, new-found wonders in efficiencies of operations and a wealth of new possibilities for the quality of life.
“We’re up for a fascinating ride.”
Here are some of his predictions for businesses can expect:
- Those who don’t innovate will fail.
- The transfer of power from business to consumers will accelerate.
- Technology is going to become a genetic extension of our beings.
- Mobile is the future.
- A dark age is coming (for those locked out).
- Life will consist of a series of interconnected, virtual systems.
- Social media is the key to engaging the next generation.
- We’re all going to live longer and better.
- Roads will become redundant.’
Much of the above is already apparent in media, entertainment, education, digital marketing, social networking, e-commerce, business, government and many services.
For more articles and blogs about digital technology related click through.