Digital marketing is featured in Mumbrella regarding results of survey on digital marketing, presumably using external agencies, firstly focused round metrics or analytics, brand reputation and fraud.
September 11, 2018 8:13 by ZOE SAMIOS
Most marketing and agency professionals say they experienced a negative event with their digital marketing, a new survey by the Audited Media Association of Australia (AMAA) indicates.
According to the AMAA, around 60% of the 407 surveyed said they had experienced some sort of bad outcome with their digital marketing. A total of 36% said they were impacted by misreporting of measurement metrics, while 32% were affected by “brand safety compromises”, and 13% said they were affected by ad fraud.
The new data comes from AMAA’s annual Trust Matters Research which aims to provide insights into ad trading decisions. The research was completed by agency The Insights Grill through an online survey between April and May this year.
Of those who said they had had a negative impact, 70% said it had led to wasted advertising dollars.
Concerns about non-human traffic have increased, with 53% of professionals arguing it was an issue to tackle in the next 12 months, compared to 39% last year. More than 50% of marketers also saw ad fraud as an issue, compared to 44% the year prior.
However, one of the biggest issues to tackle in the next 12 months, according to marketing and agencies, is proof of performance measurement.’
What are the solutions for any business or organisation to avoid such issues?
- View any digital or marketing strategy as an ongoing system, not a campaign.
- Do your digital marketing in-house for greater validity and control.
- Consult and leverage with your customers and stakeholders, both internal and external.
- If compelled to use external agencies, use CPD or training to learn about digital marketing, become involved, and take an interest in what is being done, not just as a budgetary item for ROI analysis, later.
- Have your own metrics i.e. ensure valid data points are linked to analytics for feedback, that can be accessed while demanding any agency is transparent in the metrics they use, observe or report.
- Use mystery shoppers to gauge the UX user or CX customer experience (still stalked by banner ads after purchase?).
For more articles and blogs about digital marketing services click through.